Automotive Sales Representative
Sells automobiles by understanding and demonstrating characteristics, capabilities, and features; developing and qualifying buyers; closing sales.
- Understands automobiles by studying characteristics, capabilities, and features; comparing and contrasting competitive models; inspecting automobiles.
- Develops buyers by maintaining rapport with previous customers; suggesting trade-ins; meeting prospects at community activities; greeting drop-ins; responding to inquiries; recommending sales campaigns and promotions.
- Qualifies buyers by understanding buyer's requirements and interests; matching requirements and interests to various models; building rapport.
- Demonstrates automobiles by explaining characteristics, capabilities, and features; taking drives; explaining warranties and services.
- Closes sales by overcoming objections; asking for sales; negotiating price; completing sales or purchase contracts; explaining provisions; explaining and offering warranties, services, and financing; collects payment; delivers automobile.
- Provides sales management information by completing reports.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Enhances dealership reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Meeting Sales Goals, Motivation for Sales, Selling to Customer Needs, Financial Skills, Documentation Skills, Scheduling, Telephone Skills, Listening, Verbal Communication, Customer Focus, Job Knowledge
Job Type: Commission
Ask for John Briggs
Business Development Representative
We seek successful, professional, energetic applicants with positive, can-do attitudes and computer skills who are looking for a professional career in customer support and sales that includes formal training and an opportunity for advancement. Automotive or car experience is not necessary but general life experience is a must.
Blue Ridge Auto Group offers employees health benefits, free Dental, IRA savings program, a great team atmosphere, and a management support team that's second to none. Applicants must email your resume and we will then contact you by phone to set up a personal face to face interview.
- Previous automotive industry experience is a plus
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal skills and communication, in-person and over the phone
- Ability to problem solve to identify customer's needs
- Focuses on the customer's needs to enhance dealership and personal sales
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and various CRM tools
- Drive to hit objective based quotas and goals set by management team
- Generate appointments and quotes by means of proactive outbound prospecting and lead activity management in an effort to qualify and market to potential customers
- Handle incoming internet email leads and internet phone leads
- Be available to respond to email inquiries in a professional, well-spoken manner
- Assist customers in appropriate vehicle selection
- Conceptualize and understand the psychology of internet customers and work with them accordingly to set an appointment for a proper vehicle demonstration
- Direct customers to product information resources, including those available on the internet
Job Type: Full-time
Ask for James Jones
The Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. S/he also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to him/her.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to stall area.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required.
- Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Document work performed.
- Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal errands.
- Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
- Ensure that customers' cars are kept clean.
- Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- High CSI is a must.
- Manufacturing training.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Manual dexterity.
- Good Judgment.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
- All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, drug test, and valid driver license.
It's time to make the most important move of your career .From our cooperative, team-based approach, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
Job Type: Full-time
Ask for Mark Tibbs